⏰ Stopwatch!

No words from the Glide Team on a feature like that, so if you want that please go ahead and make a feature request post.

1 Like

I don’t work for Glide. I can’t speculate on what features we may or may not get in the future.

2 Likes

I guess I need some help here. Is there a way to start a stopwatch without actually pressing the play button? Does setting a timestamp value to the start time column triggers a start?

Same question for @Darren_Alderman with what you did for this thread. Thank you!

Ah I think I answered myself. Setting the value works, but it requires a re-entering of the screen for the timer to “move”.

1 Like

Yes, you are correct. Filling the start time would technically start the timer. I suppose there is still the java side of the timer that runs the onscreen timer component. I suppose it checks if it needs to run when a button is pressed or when it intitially loads and renders.

Would playing with visibility conditions help so you don’t have to leave and re-enter the screen? Maybe two timer components. One that displays when the start time is empty and one when the start time is not empty?

2 Likes

I’ve always set the time before navigating to the screen the timer would be displayed on.

2 Likes

I solved it by a go back action and show details view again. Thanks Jeff and Darren!

1 Like

Is the stopwatch component removed? Can’t find it.

Yes, it has been removed.

1 Like