Speed optimization

Preferably you would move any calculations into glide columns so they calculate instantly in real time directly on the user’s device instead of values having to sync from the app, to the glide server, then to the google sheet, where it calculates and returns the value to the glide server and then back to the app. If the sheet calculations happen quickly enough, the values should be returned to the app within 5 seconds or so. If they take longer, then the resync may miss the updated values. Under a free plan, a data change has to be initiated from the app before data from the sheet will be resynced with the glide database. If you have a pro plan, then you can turn on a background refresh option, but that will only check for updates every few minutes.

But…I believe @Pooja_Kumar is your teammate and has indicated that your team did not want to move any logic into glide and preferred to keep the calculations within the google sheet, so I’m not sure what to suggest. To make my apps as fast as possible, I usually move as much logic into glide as possible. If you care to share your formulas, then we could determine if it’s possible to move those calculations into glide and make the app much more responsive.

5 Likes