Security of signed in Users

I wonder the if there is a way to kick out a current signed in user current or is he gets kicked out once he is removed from the whitelist?

If you’re using a whitelist, I imagine removing him from the list would be what you need.

1 Like

Thanks @ThinhDinh but I would like to be sure because sometimes we need to kick a user who is signed in right away due to violation of policies and also our clients are asking about it

1 Like

Would probably be a quick and easy test if you already have a whitelisted app and a test email. I can try it on mine later today.

Here’s what it returns, for your information.

1 Like

Does it sign you out of the app right away after removing the email?

It does take a while but eventually I was kicked back to the sign in screen. It was the time for the app to refresh the whitelist, I think.

1 Like

Makes sense.

1 Like

I tried this out in my app. Instead of removing an email, I just changed it, so the original signed in email was no longer in the whitelist. I first changed the email in the google sheet. It can take up to a few minute for google to send the change to glide, but after a minute I hit the reload button in glide and it booted me out of the app on my phone within seconds. I then reset, signed back in, and tried by changing the email directly in the glide data editor. It took about 10 to 30 seconds for me to get booted out of the app on my phone. So I would say that it works quite well when you need to remove a user.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Jeff_Hager I wanted to ensure that this is the safest way to kick a user out of the session since it’s not mentioned anywhere.

2 Likes