I need to change the state of a row automatically. For example, I make a reservation, my row changes to reserved, and after 24 hours it should change to free again. How can I do with glide?
Glide doesn’t support this natively, but there are ways to get the desired behaviour. You could try something like this:
- Create an extra date time column, call it something like “Reserved At”
- When a reservation is made, set that column to the current time (Now)
- Create a math column, call it something like “Reservation Expiry Time”. The formula will be
RA+1, where RA is the Reservation Time
- Now use an if-then-else column to determine the status.
- If Expiry Time is after Now, then Reserved
- Else Available
Ok, let me check. Thanks