Replicate Swipe layout

Hi there, I’m quite new to Glide and loving it. I noticed that in the new version the Swipe component has been removed. I’m not sure why, and I can’t find any documentation or announcement about it. I’m trying to make a clothing app that allows me to swipe across three or four rows on one screen - shirts on the top row, pants on the next row, shoes on the bottom row, so that you can see outfits and make changes. Would anyone be able to give me some pointers on how to do this? Is it really complicated or relatively simple? I was thinking the swipe layout could have been good for it. Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the Swipe layout or the Horizontal Cards layout? The Swipe layout never allowed for more than one row on the screen at a time. I think you mean the Horizontal Card List/Collection. That is on the roadmap for Glide to add. No, I don’t know when it will be available.

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the reply. I’m new to Glide, so still learning. Good to know that the Swipe layout only allowed one row on screen at a time. Sounds like the Horizontal Card List might be more what I need. Thanks again.

1 Like

:frowning: I was looking particulary for this component! I would love to reproduce something similar, I want to show only one image in the screen with some text below. And I was looking for the oldie (but goldie) swipe component…

Do you know any component in the new version that may emulate something similar?
TY in advance!

Horizontally aligned card/tiles would be one option.

Another option would be this:

Those are about your best options for now.

2 Likes

Thank you Jeff!
I really apreciate the help!
It’s almost like I had imagine, maybe a tweek in the image sizes and it’s on!

Hug from Portugal!

1 Like