Removing duplicate Items

Hello,

My company buys similar items from various suppliers.
ex: NM Dark Premium, EMS Dark Premium

I’ve constructed my spreadsheet so that each SKU has a “Purchase Description” and a “Sales Description”. The “Purchase Description” shows the supplier code in the string of text and is used for internal purposes. The “Sales Description” is a generic name for a product and doesn’t include the supplier.

Each item is grouped into Collections and I would like to only display SKUs using their Sales Description to my clients through a filter. I can do this now, however my dilemma is figuring out how I can remove items that have the same sales description and only show one of each unique sales description in the inline list.

If I understand you right, “12x12x3cm” is “Sales Description”?

You can do it like this:

• Add a rowID column in the table that house this data, if you haven’t.

• Create a relation from the Sales Description column to itself, returning multiple matches.

• Add a single value column on top of that relation to return the 1st rowID.

• Filter your list by rowID is the same as the 1st rowID from the relation.

2 Likes

This :point_up_2:

1 Like

Hola!

I’d do this in another way and being honest, I don’t like or trust relations in the same table. I think that this kind of trick causes problems when you have too much data in table (+1000 rows) and accidentally, we are creating an overwork in the table.

I don’t how to call it (maybe it’s a misunderstanding or myth of mine) but I imagine something like a “problematic recursive search”. If anyone can confirm or discard it, I will appreciate it :roll_eyes:

Well, here is my proposal to get something like this:

The steps are:

1. Create a SEQ column to have an index numeric associated to your product (Sales Description?) and a new Joined List column to gather all your products.

2. Use this JS code and its parameters shown to save columns and mark your unique products. Now, your filter can work without problem with these rows marked as true.

const arr=p1.split(",")
// Find out the 1st coincidence
let index = arr.indexOf(p2)+1;

// Check if ID is that 1st coincidence
if (index==p3)
    return true

I hope it helps you!

Saludos a todos!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.