Relationship Help

I really need hel with relating from two different edit screens. I struggle with realtioships sometimes as a no coder and this is one of them…you guys always straighten me out so any help please Glide community : - ) @ThinhDinh @Darren_Murphy @Robert_Petitto LOOM Below…Im going crazy on this one lol

Ya…you’re trying to create a relation in both tables using two different methods. It appears that you prefer to set which resources should be in the folder at the folder level using a choice component thereby creating an inline array. I imagine you’re splitting this column and relating back to the files themselves? This method is helpful (necessary?) if you want a file to belong to multiple folders.

However, this means that if you want to add a file to a folder from the file level, you’ll need to use what we call the Trebuchet method:

There are a couple of alternatives to this overall setup, but it would mean that files could only belong to one folder OR you’d need a helper table of sorts that would associate a file to a folder on each row of that table (thereby increasing your row quota exponentially).

2 Likes

Thx man. Ima just stick to adding it in the folders. I need to have a resource in multiple folders anyway to it’s totally not worth it mostly. I just sometimes think I miss things on relations but in all actuality I am over thinking it and over complicating the behavior. I appreciate your time replying. I’m not sure what I would do without the glide community. You guys are the best!

1 Like