šŸŒ Please help us test: API Column and Webhook action

Yeah, thanks Mark, love the potential!
Of course you can only do one thing at a time but I was already seeing future presets people could use where they would only have to add their own credentials or stuff.
But ā€¦ in the future!
The potential of this is great!

Thanks @Mark , and about the OUTPUT from Glide to API services, can you also provide a solution on how to easily send data packets in JSON format? Iā€™m struggling with something as trivial as replacing special characters with their escape sequences, for example. A substr function would suffice but Iā€™m not getting it from the data editor and so I have to involve sheet.
I hope I have not been too off topic with respect to your help requestā€¦

1 Like

Same here. Clueless in api :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

This is great feature.
I guess the maximum benefit of this column will be to integrate various payment solutions as almost all payment solutions provides APIs to work

1 Like

@Roldy What are you trying to do?

1 Like

Thanks @Mark.
My requirement is to create a PDF file through PDFMonkey service via Zapier. PDFMonkey requires a JSON data packet as an input parameter. So in my APP I have a button with a Zapier action that passes some values ā€‹ā€‹to the Zapier service and one of these, the most important, is the JSON data packet which represents the information contained within the PDF document to be created.
Obviously, through a Template column in the data editor, I build the JSON package to be sent, but I have the problem, for example, of checking if there are special characters inside the texts, because if they exist then they must be replaced with escape sequences. Itā€™s a tough job to do inside the data editor, so Iā€™m forced to do it outside Glide, in the sheet.
In my opinion, the coolest thing would be to have a computed JSON Glide column that represents all the data in the row; alternatively, a function that replaces strings might do the trick.
Thanks for your attention.

3 Likes

I see. Weā€™ve been thinking of supporting different kinds of escapes/encodings, such as for URLs or JSON.

You could do that with the API column, too :wink:

4 Likes

This would be great @Mark, as is your team.

1 Like

Impressive demo of the API column by @david

11 Likes

@26:00 Being able to save and reuse actions by mid January! Awesome.

7 Likes

Ah, I forgot to go to the fireside!!!

3 Likes

How can we find out about these? Would love to view more but they are unlisted.

Yeah!

Yeeees! I lost webinar but that was what I asked for! AWESOME!

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦interesting!

@Mark @david goo job guys we can definitely use this in email validation(real email or not), Phone number validation, currency exchange, ip location,etcā€¦

Excellent work

1 Like

Just a quick heads up for those that are using Microsoft sharepoint and excel for business or enterprise. Microsft has an api for their excel spreadsheets that you can copy, get, and even insert into those sheets. I know I gave some quick and easy ways to convert excel into google sheets but you could use this in sheets currently as well as when the api feature rolls out. that means no more wasting rows on excel imports :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Holy smokes I did something!

9 Likes

Congratsā€¦I think this is the first video of yours Iā€™ve watchedā€¦I didnā€™t think you would be on a Apple deviceā€¦hmmmā€¦I wonder how many people use Appleā€¦