I’m building a reservation/booking platform for accommodations and transfers. Think of booking.com at a smaller scale. For that I require help creating the availability logic of the app. By that I mean the functionality that manages the availability of resources like beds and rooms (for accommodation) and seats and vehicles (for cars). The terms are different but the way they function is the same.
There’s a bunch of Glide Experts leaving me struggling to choose whom to contact. Here in the community I always found @Robert_Petitto, @ThinhDinh, @Jeff_Hager, @Darren_Murphy and @Uzo very helpful - are you interested? Alternatively, can the community recommend an expert with experience in this regard?
- A property may choose to sell on beds/seats (shared) or rooms/vehicles (private) base and creates pricing plans accordingly.
- The property sets up a variable number of room types with a defined quantity of each room type (2x doubles with two beds, 2x quads with four beds) or the total number of beds and rooms (12 beds in four rooms)
- Each resource (bed/room) can have several (at times combined) pricing plans, e.g. a quad room for single, double, trip use or a double room, a bed with breakfast, half-board, full-board meals.
- Resources are blocked out by bookings or the owner, who manually selects availability across date ranges or for specific dates. A property can block all its resources at once for a certain date or date range, too.
- When a visitor views a property with four rooms, only the two rooms available on the selected date are shown. They’re displayed by room type and quantity. The other two blocked rooms are hidden or labeled as unavailable.
- A property has 20 beds, out of which 15 are taken - the system shows the availability of five. If the available capacity is insufficient, the system recommends other properties in the given location that have sufficient availability.
- A guest is shown tiered pricing for transfers according to the number of persons booking: From 1-3 persons it’s x, from 4-5 persons y.
- A provider is on holidays and blocks out all resources for a week at once.
- I understand that calculation in the Glide is app is preferred due to performance and log. It also makes it easier to have columns with user-based instead of global values.
- The goal of the job is to implement the above functionality and proof it runs fast and stable on a representative dataset of 25.000 rows.
- Work needs likely to finish by July 31st or only slightly later.