Multilingual

I think I have an idea that might work but is very time consuming and would be further complicated if you had to edit an rows.

You would first need a profile or settings sheet where each user could see only their own record and where they could select their language preference.

I think this would require having three columns for a single piece of data that would normally be in one column. Each column heading would be translated in each language that you would be dealing with. So if you had a column for an address, it would become three columns for the same address, but would contain different headings in different languages.

In each sheet you would create 3 more columns with the Language for the heading name. Fill all of the rows with the Language name as well. You would end up with an English, Arabic and Hebrew column and each row under the heading would contain the values English, Arabic and Hebrew.

Now that you have the 3 language columns, create 3 relation columns to link each language to the profile/settings sheet. Then create a lookup column against each relation to get all of the emails that match the language that each user selected.

When designing your pages, you will have 3 components for each piece of data (ex. address).

Then you will apply visibility to each component based on signed in user from the associated lookup column.

This should allow you to select English in the profile sheet and then only English columns will show. Select Arabic and only Arabic columns will show.

Like I said, not the greatest solution, but if you really have the need, it’s an option.

4 Likes