šŸ“… MORE Date Math incl. Weeknum!

Huge win! Been asking for Weeknum for monthsā€”thanks @Mark and the rest of the Glide team!

11 Likes

or, asking for many weeknumā€™s :wink:

7 Likes

5 Likes

I never understand why people use weeknumbers, to me itā€™s something for magazines and the like, i prefer dates! But if you like it Iā€™m happy for you!

I donā€™t use it for display purposes. I use it for doing logic. Letā€™s say I want to have a weekly leaderboard that resets at the end of the week. I can combine the week number along with the current year to form an ID of sorts for the leaderboard. Then when the week changes, that ID changes and resets the leaderboard for the current week.

7 Likes

ah, nice!

Iā€™ve found it useful for payroll applications, dates in the same weeknum are summarized for employee hours

3 Likes

Thats huge!!!

Butā€¦ am I the only curious about what youā€™re building with this delay column? :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

No, thereā€™s no ā€œdelayā€ action or anythingā€”I was just making note that the visibility update of seconds is delayed about 10 seconds.

2 Likes

Got itā€¦

Maybe I was expecting some time machine or something :confused:

1 Like

Thatā€™s great.

Aiming to use this within a weekly planner tool I have on my ever expanding ā€˜to do listā€™

2 Likes

Genius use case :+1: :+1:

Fantastic! Iā€™ve been doing these types of calcs in google sheets.

@Robert_Petitto how did you calculate the Weeknum? I need to get it in an app Iā€™m doing

I didnā€™t know we had this function in Math columnā€¦ great!

4 Likes