Measure clicks on a button

Hello Gliders,
I am using glide as a means to test a startup idea and I want to launch a test where I have a button for purchase that I want to measure the amounts of clicks as an indication of interest. Does anyone know if this is possible?

You canā€™t measure how many people click a Buy button but obviously you can measure how many people actually follow though with the purchase.

I understand that. But the point is that what weā€™re selling requires a lot of capital to be committed to go to production. This would allow us to understand whether thereā€™s interest without wasting money in production. I guess I could refund them but I feel like thatā€™s more trouble than useful.

Could you just use a form button and create a fake purchase form if all youā€™re doing is testing? Then use COUNTIF in the sheet to count the ā€œpurchasesā€. I guess I donā€™t understand if this is a quasi-production app, or purely a test app. Are there actual purchases taking places? How are you trying to measure interest for something that isnā€™t available?

2 Likes

That might be an interesting way to do it. I am faking the pictures, not producing the actual objects.

1 Like

Yes, use the Form Button to make fake purchases.