Let each user mark his favourite items from menu

It may look like it’s for all users, but the experience will be unique for each user. isFavorite is a user specific column. It should work just fine if you preview as different users.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. If anyone need to do the same, you can follow the instructions. It worked for me.
Thanks.

1 Like

@Jeff_Hager @ThinhDinh

Ive got a menu like this, and I want to make a new list, where the user can choose multiple products. So can I do it the way I did this topic?

What do you plan to do with the list afterwards? Is it like a cart?

Its like a page where the information of the user is sent to me via email. It is just a form. But I need to have the product that he ordered in this form too. I have to have column in the Users sheet that has the order. The order is from the menu sheet.

I mean its already done for only ONE product. Its like this:

Might be worth checking this out.

Ive seen this before, so what is written in this ‘Blank’ sheet has to be written in my Users sheet?

The only thing that’s really written to the Blank sheet is the unique id when the Clear button is clicked. This could be a User sheet if you wanted, or whichever sheet makes sense for your app’s flow. That unique id is brought into the task sheet using the single value column. Then whenever an item is clicked, it writes the unique id from the single value column to the selected column in the task sheet. If both ID’s match, then the item is selected. If they don’t match, then then the item is not selected. The relation and joined list in the blank sheet just pulls in the selected items from the task sheet.

2 Likes

Mr @Jeff_Hager can you explain a little more all these? And also, how is the parent ID generated? It is a text column, I didnt undestand it.

If you look at the action for the Clear button, as well as the Start button, you will see that I am using a set Column action to write a Unique ID to the Blank sheet

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/values/special-values/unique-identifier

Clicking on a list item is a custom action as also uses the Set Column action to copy the Single Column value (taken from the Blank sheet) in the task to the Selected column, or it clears it.

Looking closely at the Actions should hopefully explain most of it.

So I need this

To be at the Users sheet? So it is different for each user?

Yes. Every time a Unique ID is generated, it is always a different unique value. The user will need to do something in the app where you can call a set column action to set that unique id. If that happens to be the user sheet, then yes, you can have that unique id on each user row. If it’s a different sheet, then that generated unique id can be placed into a user specific column in a single row, just like my example.

Like I said. Which sheet you do that in all depends on whatever makes logical sense in your app. I don’t know how your app works, so it’s hard to say for sure.

Menu sheet:

I’ve got the actions and everything, but that single value is always clear. The user cant press the item, and its always true. Any ideas please?

Thank you very much

EDIT:

How is that value firstly generated for each user???

I mean I could use ROW ID of my users sheet, but there isnt one !!! What can I do?

You need an action on a button. That was part of the link I shared in a previous post.

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/values/special-values/unique-identifier

There are special value columns that let you write the date, or user email, or a unique id to a column. It should all be in my example app if you copied it.

1 Like

Okay but I have a problem here too.

Ive got another sheet for this tab. It has to be the “Store” sheet, so I see only its values. I want to see the Users values.

If it makes more sense to use your Store sheet with a user specific column, then go ahead and use that sheet instead and point your single value column to that column in the store sheet. If you still want to use the user sheet, then you will need to add a few more steps. You will need a template column that gets the signed in user’s email address from the user profile sheet. Then you will need a single relation from the store sheet to the user profile sheet. Then you would set the column value through that single relation.

But, don’t overthink it and think it has to be set up a certain way. You just need to understand the concept. It’s a unique value that remains unique for each user and is set in one sheet and pulled into another sheet through a single value column. Put the button wherever it makes the most sense and have it fill a value in whatever sheet the button has access to. The single value column can return a value from any sheet. Do what makes sense for your app flow.

2 Likes

mr @Jeff_Hager Ive understood the concept and I did it. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Glad to hear! Good luck with the rest of your app!