Jump to start

Hi,

I’m using the apps to make an automated quotation.
One model have machine have very long calculation to get the Final price.
The lookup price, the lookup discount price, the shipping cost and others.
For example : user can choose one model with quantity.
Here is the column for only one model

Like so many…
Is there any possibility if the user can add another model, it will jump to start

The description of your problem is a bit difficult to understand.

Can you explain more what you mean by “jump to start”?

You provided a screen shot of a table, but that doesn’t really tell me anything.
How is that data presented in your app, and how does the user interact with it?

Currently, i am only able to add one model .
If user want two , or three model in one quotation, it is impossible for me to create new column for second or third model because there’s too many column and calculation.
My question is: Is there any ways to make the same column and calculation for next model for user to choose?

You can see under “Quotation List>Add new Quotation”

Okay…

So a little bit of guess work here, because I can’t see the inner workings of your app.
But, I’m assuming that you have a Quotations sheet/table, and that table includes a column or columns for the model information. And now you want to be able to add multiple “models” per quotation.

The best way to do this would be to separate the model information from the Quotations table. So…

• Create another table, call it something like Quotations-Models
  • In that table, have the following columns:
    • Quotation ID: this will be a reference to your quotations table
    • Other columns as necessary to describe the “model”

In your User Interface, you will need to adjust it so that the user creates the initial quotation without any model information - this gets you a Quotation ID that can be used when adding models. Then you can allow the user to add an unlimited number of “models” to the quotation, one by one. Each will be a single row in the Quotations-Models table, using the same Quotation ID. Then you can link these back to the quotation with a multi-relation using that ID.

In terms of all the calculations, it might make sense to also move those to the Quotations-Models table, and summarise them using rollups through the multi-relation. But again, that’s just a bit of speculation because I don’t know the inner workings of your app. I’m really just describing how I would handle a situation like this.

Darren,
I can’t imagine this how its work…

Can you give me an example?

Which bits do you not understand?
It would take me an hour or two to put together a working example, and I don’t really have that time to spare right now.

1 Like

This part, i dont really have a picture of this

Okay, so one of my colleagues is building an app at the moment that has a very similar requirement.
In our case, it’s a HR Expense Claim management system.
When an employee submits an expense claim, they are required to provide receipts as supporting evidence for the claim. But, they might have one receipt, or they might have one hundred receipts. So the system needs to allow for an unlimited number. The way we handled it is as follows:

• An employee first creates a claim with the basic required information, and submits as a “draft”
  • This gives us a Claim ID. We then present a button that allows them to attach receipts.
  • As each receipt is added, a row is created in a separate table using the original Claim ID.
  • This way, an unlimited number of receipts can be attached to a single claim

To apply that to your situation, substitute “Quotes” for “Claims”, and “Models” for “Receipts”

Does that help?

1 Like