Is there speech to text option for data input?

is there a speech-to-text option for Glide.To trigger the app as well as for data input.
Then a GPT option to search data and provide information based on search parameters?

Speech to Text, yes. Although that is just for data input. It can’t be used to trigger anything (assuming that I understand that part of your question correctly).

For the second part of your question, there is a generic “Generate Text” AI option that I imagine will address that. It takes an input and processes it according to the instructions that you provide.

1 Like

Hi Darren, Thank you so much for your swift reply. I am most likely trying to do the impossible with the app. But are you interested in a collaborative project using this feature? Are you open to developing an app with me? If so, please let me know how this would work for you. You seem very young, Ha!

Can you go into more details on what you’re trying to build?

Hi Thinh, Thanks for your reply.
My thoughts on the app I am trying to make are still evolving.
It would seem that a spreadsheet is no longer necessary if AI can be used for input as well as output.

My concept is to have speech-to-text input. This text to be used exclusively for GPT responses. Voice Searchable by name or date or topic etc.
response to be displayed as simple text.

Is this an idea you can get your head around?

ciao

Cathy

Here is a little example that might be of interest :slight_smile:

1 Like

So everything is structured around recording as an input, and then use Glide AI to produce responses?

Yes, Responses would be text.
Input would be speech-to-text via mobile device. Requires mobile app interface
The search would be speech-to-text. (audio input search)
Output would incorporate data from speech-to-text input only, so this would be a searchable database.
I am unsure if a spreadsheet is required, as AI can effectively search a limited database. Fields in this case may be irrelevant. I imagine a connection with a GPT designed to provide specific formatting options would be the best option. Not sure if glide is the best solution? What do you think?

Well you would still need tables to store whatever you want to “search”, or am I understanding it incorrectly on what you want to search?

What problem are you trying to solve?