Introducing WORDL (🧠 Glide Games)

Had some fun creating this word game called WORDL. It would be great if you could take a shot at playing a round and sharing any feedback…

Many thanks to Roberto P. for the CSS code to help place 5 tiles in a list across one screen width (and for previous tips like the miracle method for transposing columns).

or this link:

Screen shots:

*WORDL is based on the game called wordle, recently featured on the BBC: Wordle creator promises viral game will stay simple and ad free - BBC News

8 Likes

Nice! It keeps populating the same word with each new game, though.

1 Like

Ah thanks… I will double check… the seed isn’t behaving.

Love this one!

My Approach to Building Wordle

For anyone interested, I just posted a new tutorial on my approach to making Wordle in Glide:

Nice CSS Skills!

Wanted to give a shoutout to @Simon_Hill for his impressive CSS skills. This allows 5 tiles to be shown in the inline list row instead of just 4:

[data-test="app-horizontal-list"] .inner {
grid-template-columns: repeat(5, 66.5px) !important;
margin: 2px;
column-gap: 3px !important;
}

[data-test="app-horizontal-list"] .tile-image-area div:nth-of-type(1) {
   height: 50px;
}

[data-test="app-horizontal-list"] .tile-overlay {
background: linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) 0%, rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) 60%);
}

[data-test="app-horizontal-list"] .tile-overlay .tile-title {
padding-top: 10px;
}

A Beautiful Wordle Build in Glide

Also shoutout to @grumo for his Wordle build!

3 Likes

Thanks @Darren_Alderman! Definitely inspired by your work too :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I didn’t understand the notification: Copy the app and add the ability to guess more!
What needs to be done?
Maybe it’s because I use google translate

In the video, I only added the ability for 2 guesses. So if you want to finish the game, you have to copy it and finish yourself. Great learning opportunity!

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance but I still don’t understand. What would 2 guesses be? Would you put guess 3, 4 and so on?
If I want to finish, I must copy and finish myself. As well?

hi, and what do you have to copy? if the app cannot be copied

I’ve been watching your video and it’s impossible to follow you, you explain things very quickly, I haven’t been able to follow your video hahaha

Wow, this is amazing! I tried your app and found potential issues:

1. The word to guess is: VOTES
  2. My answers were: SPOON - BOOST - STOCK - TOAST - BLOOP - SMALL
  3. As seen in the screenshot, there were two orange squares in SPOON (both Os), in BOOST. However, there was only one green square for O.
  4. My fourth guess was TOAST, both Ts got an orange square, but only one should have an orange square.

I am trying to build this feature for an app I am working on and had the same issue, perhaps someone can suggest a fix for these particular issues?

Thank you, @Simon_Hill, for the inspiration and @Darren_Alderman for the tutorial!

Try the app I posted. It has more sophisticated logic than Darren’s and handles duplicates.

1 Like