I am trying to build an app which allows a parent to add data for their children. Now, each parent may have 1 → many children. My flow would be something like:
- Parent registers. Adds their children to the app on a sheet.
- Each day, parent logs a record for each child who made their bed.
- I would like it to be a single button which (ideally) you could select all those children who made their bed and log the records to a sheet
I’ve outlined the proposed data structure below. I think this is stretching the current capability of Glide but wondering if a similar thing can be achieved with Zapier or equiv. Would love to hear if anyone has has overcome similar challenges.
Thanks in advance!
- Parents - log of all users
- ParentChild - log of users and their children
- Datalog - log of children who made their bed
richard@email, Max, 1/1/2021, Yes
richard@email, Emily, 1/1/2021, Yes
richardATemail, Max, 2/1/2021, Yes
richardATemail, Emily, 2/1/2021, Yes
richardATemail, Max, 3/1/2021, No
richardATemail, Emily, 3/1/2021, Yes