Import and Export Tabs & Components

Hi!

I would love to have a way to import and export my tabs and components. For instance, I am working on a new tab/component or layout on a copy of my app. Once it’s ready to go, I head over to the live app and make the changes, one by one. Not only is it time-consuming, but the user sees the changes happen, especially if its for the addition of many components.

It would be nice to have an import/export option where you can copy/export the entire tab or component layout, possibly by some internal code created once you click on export, then simply import it to the live app with a few clicks. I do this sometimes for the page builder on my website, instead of having to create the whole block again.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I think it will be something that will be considered when they have publishing options in the future. That would be more handy instead of having a duplicated tab for developing purpose, they will have to handle more tabs that way.

3 Likes

In order for users to not see you make live changes in the production app, you can create a new tab and set visibility to “signed-in user email is yours”. Take you time to build that tab.

Then changes visibility conditions on both tabs (the old one in production and the new one in staging).

I have my sign-in function turned off.