How to pull/ copy data from another table

A few further ideas:

If you do this for each tab and don’t use the tab table to configure anything in the Layout Editor, the Data Editor ends up “polluted” with many tab tables that do nothing. To avoid this, two ideas:

1. Use the Users table as the “general” table of the application. The Users table is then used as the data source for all tabs. I personally don’t do this. To me the Users table represents a collection, slightly different than any other collection, but not special enough that the table deserves to be both a collection and a one-row table to configure tabs. In general I dislike having a table that houses a collection (an item attribute per column) and the same table houses something entirely different such as data for the layout or an analytics dashboard. I prefer separating the data in separate tables.

2. Create a table called “All tabs” or “Global settings” or “General settings”, and use that table as the data source for all or most tabs. There, each tab has its own group of columns for layout purposes.

The Query column is also good for this.

2 Likes