How to make an Image Carousel

Yep, I’ve done exactly that to rotate images randomly. The nice thing is that it uses zero updates.

1 Like

Thank you and @Darren_Murphy too.

Sounds logic, but I’m still kind of a beginner at all this, so please help me out a bit more to see if I got the idea correctly.
Let’s say I have a separate database for sponsors. Each brand has 1 corresponding image and one corresponding URL. I’d then have to add two new columns: a math column and a die roll column. I’d probably also have to add a number column to identify each item…

What would the math formula look like if I wanted it to rotate, say, every 10 seconds?

In each table that would be the source of the screen that had an ad, here are the steps:

• Create a math column and type in ‘Now’. Then replace ‘Now’ with Now. This will give you a date type of column with the current date time.
  • Create a Rollup column that returns the count of rows in the sponsor table.
  • Create a Role Dice column. The seed value will be the math column date. The number of sides will be the Rollup column value.
  • I’m not 100% sure, but I think you need a math column that calculates the Roll Dice value minus 1. (Indexes are zero based, meaning 0 is equal to the first value, so we need to subtract 1.)
  • Create a Single Value column. Select Get ‘From Start’. Row will equal the final math column above. From will be your Sponsor table → Whole Row.

You don’t need to number the columns in the sponsor take.

You should be able to use the single value row add the source of a collection. Then you can change the action on the collection to open a link instead of showing details.

3 Likes

Have anyone got some demo video of the solution? I would like to see how it works. It would be great to do the same in my project - and for whole community the demo would be a treasure :smiley:

This is a very old thread tied to the Classic Apps product, which will be sunset in the future. You would want to read this thread to create an image carousel in the new Glide Apps.