Hey! I'm Jack

Hey!

My name’s Jack, I work on Glide’s documentation & videos.

I live in the UK. In addition to working at Glide, I’m a musician and online course creator.

When I’m not working on either of these, I love:

• Family time :family_man_woman_girl_boy:
  • Going on trips :blue_car:
  • Parties! :tada::clinking_glasses::dancer:t3:
  • Playing piano :musical_keyboard:

But to be honest, I love what I do - so I actually end up working on it in my ‘spare time’ as well. :wink:

16 Likes

Love your videos and the documentation is so easy to follow. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks Amy! Any ideas you have – I’d love to hear them. Always useful to know what people need more of in terms of videos/explanations. :love_you_gesture:t3:

1 Like

It’s evident in your videos.

When are we going to see another video from you?

I’d love to see a video on use of new filters.

2 Likes

A tutorial video with Jack’s piano on the background is the thing I want to see.

3 Likes

I wanna see him at a party …

4 Likes

@S_C Soon I hope! Quite busy with a new project - from which lots of videos should be coming. Also bringing on an editor to help me with the workload now. What specifically were you interested in? I did a video on conditions recently which goes into this a bit.

@ThinhDinhhttps://www.leanmusician.com/ :wink:

@V88 :tada::partying_face:

6 Likes

Gorgeous site!

It would be a great story if I make enough money to buy a piano and learn music from Glide’s very own instructor.

Younger sister got a kalimba recently, is it popular over there? I don’t have much time on my hands but whenever I’m free I’m making baby steps towards playing Happy Birthday with it :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice! Love the Kalimba.

1 Like

Your videos are great :top::call_me_hand:t2:

1 Like

Wow, what I stunning site!

@JackVaughan in the piano, me in the drums… Who else to complete our jazz band? :sweat_smile: :musical_keyboard: :drum:

3 Likes

Thanks. The site was recently rebuilt in collaboration with https://twitter.com/SarkisBuniatyan

3 Likes

But https://www.leanmusician.com/ … is not done with Glide!

4 Likes

Really, you have awesome videos. I love all of them. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed response. I was implementing ‘play hard’ :blush:.

I am eager to see the videos from your new project. I am glad that you are getting an editor as that’s the most time consuming part of making videos.

I have seen the video twice and it’s great to understand the concepts. What I wish for is a comparative example-based video that distinguishes between text operations INCLUDES, DOESN’T INCLUDE, IS INCLUDED IN, and IS NOT INCLUDED IN. I would love to know the scenarios when one should use it or avoid it. For example, is IS INCLUDED IN case sensitive? Can we use wildcards with these? I know these are very powerful operations but I have not been able to take full advantage of these.

Thanks for responding and asking.

1 Like

Great ideas. Thanks for that! Will go on my backlog.

1 Like

And maybe Jack playing the piano at the end as a reward.

I’m learning the trombone :rofl:

2 Likes

Now we are 3 :rofl:

2 Likes