Help to get start and how

Sorry my bad English. try to explain me the best i can.

I need an App (WebApp) as it can be used on all devices, but it would be cool to be able to create it as a mobile app that can be used on both IOS and Android. I know it’s more complex. My desired functionalities are: a user creates an account by entering: Name, Phone number, Email, password, and when these fields are provided by the user, they should be able to press a button “Create”.

Once the user has created an account, they will be directed to the homepage of the app, where there should be a list with 4 button icons placed in the middle of the screen. At the bottom of the app, there should be a bar showing 3 small button icons: “Contact us”, “About us”, “What we offer”. The middle button icons should be: “Create Project”, “See my Projects”, “See designs we have made”. If the user is not logged in, they should be directed to the following page.

The login page should consist of the following:

Option to log in; if not already registered, they should be able to choose 'Create New User'.
New user creation should include: Name, Phone number, Email address, Password.

Functionalities desired:

User Registration and Login:
    Create a user account by entering necessary information.

Project Management/Task Management:
    Create a new project with title, description, and any deadline.
    Add tasks to the project with description and optional attributes like deadline, importance, etc.

File Sharing and Attachments:
    Ability to add pictures or PDF files to each task.
    Make it easy to view and manage attached files.

Task List:
    Display an overview of all tasks for the user that they have created.
    Filter tasks by project, deadline, or status.

Save and Email:
    Save the task with the option to add additional comments.
    Send an email to support or a predefined contact point with information about the saved task.

Quantity and Color Options:
    Add a section to choose the number of units and color attributes for each task.
    Option to add custom attributes depending on the need.

Automatic Status:
    Set a default status, e.g., "Being processed," when a new task is created.
    Option to manually change status and automatically based on various criteria like deadline, progress, etc.

Notifications:
    Send notifications to the user for tasks approaching deadline or changing status.
    Allow the user to configure preferences for notifications.

Security and User Management:
    Implement security to protect user data.
    Option to assign different access levels to users based on their role (administrator, user, guest, etc.).

The purpose of this is to manage various 3D print orders, including details like appearance, color, quantity, and price. I would like an app to assist me, but since it’s on a hobby level, I’m not interested in spending a lot of money on it. I would also like an admin control panel and notifications for any changes. Whether it becomes a WebApp or a standalone app doesn’t matter much.

Is there someone who can explain what I need to create such an app? Perhaps there are guides for the various plugins required. I’m not very familiar with apps/web apps. I have created many websites in old-school ASP, but that can’t quite compare to this, unfortunately. I’m looking for someone who can point me in the right direction and tell me which steps to take.

Hi Snookie. A lot of what you wish to build can be built with Glide on a Free plan. The only part you wouldn’t be able to build is notifications when a deadline approaches.

To get started (in no particular order):

1 Like

I have tried adding some templates that were free, but no matter which ones I chose, I couldn’t modify them or didn’t have permission to do so. Maybe I’m asking a silly question, but wouldn’t it be more manageable for me to create it from scratch as a blank one? Yes, sorry, I might be asking a bit foolishly. Thanks for your advice, and I will immediately go through it as you have written :smiley:

A good way to start is whatever makes you feel comfortable. From a template, you can study what was built. From scratch, you get to experience the building process first hand.

It might also help to browse Glide docs and university to get a general idea.

I Have try the real code and then i freeze :smiley: its not me to code in app. asp yes but its not the same.

1 Like

Yes you are right. it was actually a very good idea that I could study a template how it was built. I hadn’t thought of that at all. thanks for the tip :smiley: but I will also look at the other thing you linked to

This was a pretty old thread, but you can get some ideas here to get started.

Once you get familiar to more things after studying Glide University, if you have specific questions about your app build, please let us know.

I appreciate your response and will go in and take a look. I’m glad I can get help here, though I’ll try to solve my problems myself as much as I can. However, when you have no idea where to start and what needs to be added, etc., to get started, you must seek help. But I will try to do as much as possible and find a solution myself; that’s also the way to learn the most. :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s the spirit :wink:

We’ll always be available to help though, if you need us.

1 Like

I can share my personal experience. I’ve learned Glide from building on my own, Glide Docs, Glide University, videos on Youtube, reading and trying to understand post in the forum, helping out in the forum (I usually test my answers before answering). So it’s a mix, and I believe that this mix has helped me more than if I had learned through a single approach. I’m still learning all the time too.

Once you figure out how to build a little on Glide, what you can also do with templates is choose a template that interests you, try to build the template before looking at it, and then looking at how the template was built to see how your approach might differ. That’s how you’ll learn, little by little, by iterating building, observing, testing, tweaking.