Graph of total users

Hi,
I am trying to display a graph where the X-axis are the dates of users joining the app and the Y-axis the total amount of users to date.

The data is no problem, it’s displaying it in a proper graph.
If i use the Glide Bar chart it counts the data together of the same day.

Ex.
Usertotal | Date
1 | 14/08
2 | 15/08
3 | 15/08
4 | 15/08
5 | 16/08

The graph will display:
on 14/08 → 1 users (1 )
on 15/08 → 9 users (2+3+4)
on 16/08 → 5 users (5 )

If i change the data so i only get added users i still get wrong data:

Usertotal | NEWUSERS | Date
1 | 1 | 14/08
2 | 3 | 15/08
3 | 3 | 15/08
4 | 3 | 15/08
5 | 1 | 16/08

The graph will display:
on 14/08 → 1 Newusers (1 )
on 15/08 → 9 Newusers (3+3+3)
on 16/08 → 1 Newusers (1 )

What i need!:
on 14/08 → 1 users
on 15/08 → 4 users
on 16/08 → 5 users

How do i get this practically in this result with these data sets?

What I would suggest is to create a working table that has one row for each date.
Then create a multi-relation column that matches the date to the same column in the table that contains your user join dates. You can then use a rollup column to get a count of new users for each date, and use this in your chart (along with the date column).

It’s possible to dynamically generate all this, including the list of dates. How far back would you want to go?

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan but I am more looking for something that generates automatically without manually input the date into infinity.
Can glide generate rows automatically each day or wich each unique ‘date joined’ for a user?

I was thinking of adding a row with a custom action if date is unique → add row but can’t do that in a differerent tab than the users tab.

I think instead of a single date, you should consider making a graph for weekly users or monthly users.

Have you set up user onboarding page on your app? If yes, then add an entry for “Date registered” so when they complete the onboarding their date of registration is recorded automatically.

Through math formulas and date plugin, you can easily calculate the week or month.

If you are doing monthly, it would be an easy task to pre-record the 12 months in a separate sheet and use Darrens logic.

If you are on google sheets and If you still want to go with days, then I think you can add a =UNIQUE formula on your sheets, that will automatically capture dates instead of manually inputting them. However, I think you shouldn’t go for this method and go for the week or month. Will give you better analysis I believe.

That wasn’t what I suggested.

Quoting myself…

So, as you didn’t answer my question, let’s pretend that you want to show a chart for the past 60 days.
This is what I would do:

• Create a helper (Glide) table that contains 60 rows
  • Add row indexing using the RowID->Lookup->Find Index method
  • Add a math column that returns the current date
  • Add a second math column that subtracts the row index from the current date. This will give you the date for each of the past 60 days, with each on a separate row.
  • Build a multiple relation to your login data using the date
  • Use a rollup column to count the number of logins per day
  • Use the above in your chart

This would give you a chart that spans a rolling window of the past 60 days, that would dynamically update every day.

2 Likes

Hi Darren,

Great! Exactly what i would like.
Sorry for not answering/asuming it wasnt going anywhere.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.