Can we transfer designs created in Figma directly into a Glide app?
There is no Figma-to-Glide technical integration if that is your question.
Also, I recommend not designing in Figma first to then reproduce the design in Glide. Glide imposes constraints on design that are often not taken into account in the Figma design.
Instead, I recommend designing the layout of your app directly in the Layout Editor.
My usual process when developing in Glide is:
- Selection of components and configuration of style in the Layout Editor
- Selection of actions in the Action Editor
- Creation of data the Data Editor
- Configuration of actions in the Action Editor (binding to data)
- Configuration of components the Layout Editor (binding to data).
When I know I’ll have a collection, I create a table for that collection with 4 dummy text columns and 1 image column. This is for the purpose of configuring the style.
I know many start in the Data Editor. But I prefer starting in the Layout Editor: the user experience starts there and the layout dictates actions and data.
interesting … would be nice to hear from many on this.
i’ve always preferred creating data columns in the data editor before designing the layout of the components holding that data. I also usually tend to assign shuffle or notification actions and leave the real actions to the end
My usual process is:
- Read the client’s brief.
- Work with the project manager to map out a wireframe.
- Design the database, usually in Google Sheets, then I can export them in CSV and upload to Glide. I think that’s easier when I want to create a bunch of columns, which is the case at the start of any projects.
- Work on the frontend, and create computed columns as needed.