🚨 February 17, 2021 Outage | Tracking thread

I fully agree with you!

3 Likes

Agree!!

1 Like

Well - isn’t that a nice problem to have. Growing pains!

It is in these moments that we see how much people don’t research or stop to see if there is already a topic here talking about what they are looking for. Because the amount of duplicate topic that appears in those moments is incredible.

6 Likes

Builder is working but not of my apps are. I’m getting a 502 error.

I make @Manan_Mehta 's words, my words.

1 Like

No…

2 Likes

Agree to an extent, but could this not be foreseen by Glide tho?

clearly not a technical issue (according to @david comment) but rather a lack of future planning/capacity management from their part.

Negotiations and steps for a Google uplift should’ve happened waaay before this.

Working for a global IT services provider, having have to go to our clients and explain that their systems/applications (which they deem to be critical) aren’t working due to lack of bandwidth is totally embarrassing.

As a paying customer I’d really like to see the results of a proper investigation with mitigating actions to be put in place.

2 Likes

?

I’m stressing out here, I’m sure a good bit of us are. No vacation for me sir. I’m scrambling to build stuff using a website and spreadsheets… Makeshift patchwork. We do business with these apps.

1 Like

Very pleased to hear this! I love Glide!!!

1 Like

Hi all, more updates:

• The reason we had a dead cat bounce was the caches eventually invalidated
  • Sign in with google will still be down for a while, regular email auth will work
  • We now have a working solution for apps for everything while we work with GCP being weird
6 Likes

Apps are back up and running as well as updating :sweat_smile:

If the past year has taught us anything, it should be that some things are out of our control and we have to have patience. Due to the virus restrictions I have been unable to do my normal job for 8 of the last 11 months, I have used Glide to generate a new source of income to support my family.

My client went online for the first time with their app this afternoon, outage 6 hours later. Can either of us do anything? No.

Will anything we say on here speed up the process? No.

Talk to people/clients, they will understand. Just don’t promise that you can fix it, because unless you are Jason, you can’t.

As someone pointed out earlier, even the biggest companies have outages.

6 Likes

If you are sitll having issue accessing your app after refreshing please post in here. Please note builder access is still restricted (down)

UPDATE :arrow_down:

De-escalate

Apps should be working again.

Builder is down and sign in with google remains down.

Issue is now classified as Minor Issue according to status.glidapps.com

Sorry yeah thats mostly a problem with statuspal having bad granularity, not that we consider it minor :wink:

3 Likes

I was happy for a second and then… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Anyway, good luck with all your work guys !!

1 Like
1 Like

I am receiving the following message when I try to log into the builder…

"There’s a problem

Could not getOAuth2TokensForGoogleSheets: undefined"