Favourites Question

Hi folks,

Can you help me out with a Favourites question?

I’ve got a golf running for PGA competitions, https://edenderrygc.glideapp.io/ , It’s public so you don’t have to login, each person that registers a team has a unique ID row. So I’ve set the favourite to pick up on the ID.
The problem is when anyone adds other players to their favourites it works and shows their favourites for maybe 2 minutes, then other favourites show in their favourites section.

If they exit the app and open it again their favourites are correct again… but if they leave the app open for a few minutes again other persons favourites show up.

Hope that makes sense. Is it a case that I’ve to let them create user accounts and favourites have to be user-specific?

Thanks for any help

Tom

Before coming into your main question, may we know what specific use case do you want to use the favorite for? Is it for adding just players to their favorites?

In a public app, user-specific values are only stored for that specific session and cleared once the user force closes the app. Hence when they come back, it is completely reset.

1 Like

Hi,

Its so users can add other users to their favourites.

If this helps any, The sheet i use live updates as the golf is on, when the golf isn’t live the favourites seem to work perfectly

regards

Tom

If you want to keep those favorites on the next login then I would recommend forcing people to login.

Yeah that’s what i thought ThinDinh. The app is very user friendly without the login process at the moment so i’ll just leave it as is… Thanks very much for taking the time to respond to my question… i appreciate it

regards

Tom

1 Like

My pleasure to help! Always let us know if you need help.