End to End Backups

Any timeline for being able to have an end to end backup solution for Glide? My main glide app is getting so large now that if anything were to happen to the configuration that I’ve built on the platform it would take me days to get back up and running and maybe not even exactly the same as it’s been refined so much over time.

A backup solution would be a killer feature that would give users peace of mind. Currently just backing up my sheet and assets as that’s all I can do.

2 Likes

Yes, I think that it is a key requirements for anyone looking to launch a no-code business, and choosing the target solution (here, Glide!).
The very strong hesitation to choose is "what would happen to our configuration + data if (1) the platform has a technical issue? (2) the startup does not succeed?.

In the time being, I would periodically duplicate the app so you at least have a copy to refer to or switch to if something ever happens to your main app.

Understood. I also backup my drive folder with all assets locally outside of drive

1 Like

For each of my apps, I have three versions:

• Name - PRODUCTION (the live version)
  • Name - STAGING (where I test before replicating in production)
  • NAME - BACKUP (the latest copy of production)

All three have separate spreadsheets. Same app icon and accent color so I can quickly locate them in the dashboard.

5 Likes

When I first do this, the three versions are next to one another in the dashboard. Quickly though they get separated.

Folders in the dashboard will be a nice feature.

3 Likes

If you make backup copies of the app do you get changed $29/mo for each of those apps if you’re a paying Organization customer?

Great suggestion. I do something similar. I’m assuming “Name - Production” is the name of your sheet not app, correct? Have you ever run into issues renaming a sheet of a live app or do you just avoid?

I name the spreadsheet and associated app exactly the same.

I only have one case where I have a public-facing app and admin app associated to the same sheet. Here I added “Admin” after the name.

As for renaming, I’ve never had any issues renaming apps nor the associated sheets.

1 Like

Presumably you have some PRO apps. How do you work around 3x PRO (production, staging, backup) or at least 2x so you can work on the staging copy?

I only have one Pro app and I haven’t reached 500 rows yet, so for now I haven’t had any issues with my various versions.

But the 500-row limit will be reached at one point. I will cross that bridge when I get there :slight_smile:

1. has anyone of the developpers an idea if this feature (folders in dashboard) CAN be implemented?
  2. it would (also) be good if Glide could have an option “save as” to make it easier - when developping - to make a temporary backup.
  3. and … Glide could add a “history of versions” (interval of saving can be set by users ?) to restore
  4. @nathanaelb How do you work to have “backups” WHEN developping an app (before going live?). I presume you don’t wait to make a “NAME-BACKUP” until going live :wink:
  1. For now as far as I know, the best way to have folders and clearly group your projects is to create teams.

2. For now, you can return to your dashboard and duplicate your project and name the duplicated version accordingly.

3. Not available yet. See 2.

4. See 2.

Basically for now, I think a good way to have multiple versions and backups of a project is to duplicate the project from within the dashboard.

1 Like

I want to revive this topic. Using Glide Tables for performance reasons. I built some securities in my app to avoid users accidentally deleting data (making rows “inactive” instead of deleting), but I’m very concerned about any accidental deletions. Would very happily pay more per month for peace of mind via a nightly backup of all tables, or the like.

1 Like