Dynamic Increment

This really smells like an XY Problem :wink:

2 Likes

To add to the XY Problem, I think trying to use the favorites component to achieve this is never going to work. You can’t assign actions to the setting of favorites and you will never be able to access user specific values, such as isFavorite and IF/Then columns derived from user specific columns, in other apps or by other users.

@Augusto rather than trying to solve a problem that’s never going to work as you think it might, it might help if you explain what you are really trying to achieve and what you want the value to be used for. This may require a completely different component, such as a button that will let you assign an action to fill not only a user specific column, but a non-user specific column that can be viewed by not only the individual user, but the admins as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @Jeff_Hager.
How it would work:

• There two apps, one for cliente, one for the admin.

On the Admin side:

1. I have a inlist Favorites, where i can favorite an item.
    • I use the same table in different apps.
  2. When ‘Favorited’ it would written the value 1 (for true), 0 (for not favorited).
    • This is not possible even with action, i think i cannot know when it is favorited, so i can perform the action.

On the cliente side:
The table has the 1/0 values, with them i can show or hide items in the inlist form.

Basicly that is the idea i had in mind.

So are you saying that an Admin could set a favorite and it would show up as a favorite for all the Clients using the client app?

Couldn’t you just use a switch or checkbox to mark a column as true or false? Just make sure that the column it sets is a basic boolean column that is not user specific. Then you will have access to that value in other apps and you can simply set a filter to check if that value is true or not true.

I don’t know. I think you’re trying to overcomplicate the process by trying to use the built in Favorites. I really don’t think it’s going to work, or it’s going to get really complicated if you try to use Favorites. A switch or checkbox would be a whole lot easier because you would not have to mess with actions, and it would give you a value in your table that would be accessible in other apps.

2 Likes

Hello @Jeff_Hager , thanks for the reply.
I will try this. I think you are right, I may overcomplicated the process.

1 Like