↕️ Drag and Drop If-Then-Else and Tables!

Websites don’t feel as personal and functional as adressing people :wink:

1 Like

And my answer remains the same: if people have the feeling adressing David works better than adressing ‘a team’, they will do that.

They will, but they shouldn’t.

6 Likes

I always cringe at this…

and it’s not as if Mark or even Jason are not responsive.
They always respond quickly to bugs reported from my experience…
I think Jack must make a training video on how to report bugs or contact support :hugs:

1 Like

I can’t imagine running a company as well as having hundreds of users trying to contact you directly at the same time. To a single user, it’s just them directing a question to a Glide team member. To someone like David or any other team members, it’s 10’s or 100’s of people pining for their attention on a daily basis. Even for myself, I’ve gone back and forth with allowing private messages from others in this forum. Sometimes it’s fine, but other times I’ve had several people start contacting me privately with messages that don’t need to be private and don’t need to be directed only to me. In those cases, I end up disabling private messages for awhile, but that unfairly blocks those that need to contact me directly.

Even at my job we enforce that customers need to go through customer support. As a programmer, I have enough on my plate by dealing with questions/requests from support and trying to find time to actually get my work done, but when customers start to contact me directly, then it becomes overwhelming and I get absolutely no work accomplished.

I apologize to Glide if I’ve ever overstepped my bounds, but I usually try my hardest not to call out any Glide staff unless absolutely necessary. I know you are reading these posts, but as it’s a community forum, my expectation is for only the community of users to participate. I don’t expect any personal favors or attention from Glide that would detract from your current workload. I can’t imagine the sheer amount of forum notifications you have to weed through on a daily basis and still squeeze in actual work.

12 Likes

Hear hear!

1 Like

Some years ago, Simon Tatham (the creator of PuTTY) published an essay on how to report bugs effectively.. It’s a brilliant essay with lots of great, practical advice. I used to refer people to it quite regularly. The problem is (as always), the folks that most need to read it and heed the advice, won’t. :unamused:

5 Likes

Thank you