Do you have simple app ideas to build?

Hello everyone,

Do you have simple app ideas. I figured I will learn better to build by creating simple apps.

Please give ideas as to what apps with functionalities I can build from scratch?

Thank you

1 Like

Here’s one! A blog app. Make posts on a blog app.

Need any help? Mention me!

1 Like

That’s a great idea!
Thank you for offering to help :grin:

Will surely need your guidance once I get started. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

you can create a simple game… like Tic Tac.
that would give you a great experience…
My version of tic tac:

1 Like

Cool game you have created !

Game idea is great!

Probably will try it after creating blog app. Right now seems very difficult to think how would I get started on game app. Do you have any tutorial?

2 Likes

no, i made it from scratch, took me long time… like 4 days

You are fast! I am new to this whole building thing.

1 Like

just start something challenging that you dont know how to do it, than you see how fast you will learn new tricks

3 Likes

Once you have the blog sorted you could try a log of some sort as the initial build will be very similar. I created a simple one for a coach to record lessons with students. It starts to work with many to many relationships, but in a way that makes a lot of sense. It can also be built out from.

Mine now includes a CMS style database, the coaching log, and a tournament signup.

Enjoy, and good luck!

2 Likes

Thats a great idea! Thank you.

Do you have reference pic or app?

I’m afraid I can’t share it at the moment as I mentioned it to someone and I am now building it out for them, and they have added some private data. If I get a chance later, I’ll strip out the data and make a copy.

1 Like

Ohh! Thats alright!

If you get chance, will look forward to it :smiley:

i created a blog one time… maybe this will give you idea…

1 Like

This was my first effort at an app, I built an app using bubble.io which did all of this (and we still use), however Glide took a fraction of the time, and I find the data security of Glide far more obvious/easy to work with.

It was designed just for a single person to use, hence no security on the data at the moment. I am currently thinking I might build it out to be secured as I can then add updates if I get bored. Apologies if there are any random expletives in the app, the person I work with (who tested it) added some as comments in random places as they thought it would be funny. I think I found them all.

/edit Just revisiting this app in depth as I have been asked to build it out for someone. Just realised how much I have learnt in the last 6 months. I’m going to start from scratch :rofl:

5 Likes

Thats really nice for first time