📆 Date/time formats

Excellent. Can we make Glide columns that duplicate the data in a Date/Time column and format that column the same (like using Template or If - Then - Else)? If we want two different columns with different visual formats in the app. Or is there a way to change date formatting in the components themselves yet?

@John_Cabrera Not yet, unfortunately.

No problem. This is still quite epic. And a stepping stone for those kinds of additions, I’m sure.

Can you explain this one a little more? I looked at your feature request, but I’m not sure I understand how it would work.

Like a “single value” column but it outputs (and updates) current date time. Doesn’t get pulled from the sheet…Glide provides.

How would you use it?

Hi, I recently updated my date and time column and everything worked great, except the data isn’t showing up on the downloaded app on my phone. It’s viewable from the app on my desktop, but not the one on my phone. I already deleted it and downloaded again, but nothing.

Any ideas why data isn’t showing? Here are some screenshots…

@emilio Could you share your app, please, and tell me how to get to that screen?

Thanks @Mark. Here’s my app demo-english.glideapp.io. To get to that screen go to the Messages tab > “New Mexican Restaurant” post.

I see. I’m guessing this is because Safari can’t parse the date you have in your spreadsheet, but Chrome can (we’ll fix this problem soon). What’s in your sheet in that column?

1 Like

Alright, no rush. Just wanted to make sure there wasn’t anything wrong on my end. It’s just dummy data, nothing critical.

Emilio, I had that problem as well. Check your date format in your Google Sheet, it should be MM/DD/YYYY… I had it as DD/MM/YYYY and safari, for some reason, couldn’t read it.

1 Like

Thank you @Daniel_Lozano. It makes sense, but the date was generated automatically.

It’s an old post, I’m going to upload a new one and see if that changes anything.

It happened to me as well… for some reason, after selecting the date column and reformatting it to MM/DD/YYYY, it got fixed. But this is definitely something that shouldn’t happen!

Ok, let me try. :+1:

@Daniel_Lozano couldn’t get it to work, unfortunately… but I can wait for a fix. Thanks for helping out.

@Mark if it helps, I recorded a test post on my phone and you can see how the timestamp initially displays but quickly disappears after a few seconds. Thanks again!

RPReplay-Final1585249047

This should be fixed later today.

1 Like

Lol! I agree with you on that @Rosewebstudio

Hi @Mark Please when will be unnecessary to have dates in US format??

Hope soon is close. Thanks!!

Probably Tuesday.

1 Like