🆕 Date ranges for date picker & date time picker

We now have ranges for date picker & date time picker.

It still renders a calendar, but dates outside of the range are not clickable.

22 Likes

Hallelujah!!!

Mark this one as done!

3 Likes

Yeah!!!

1 Like

A useful extension to this would be to allow for a column value to be used in the range options, instead of just the fixed values that we have now.

For example: I might want to allow a date in the future, but no more than one month in the future. I could have a math column that calculates now+1 month, and then use that column as the upper range limit for the date picker.

7 Likes

+1

1 Like

Hi Darren,

But how can I do if let say the Start Date is 20 Oct 2021.
I want the End Date can be selected from the Start Date and later ?

You can’t do that with the date picker options, but you could apply some logic in the GDE to force it.

Using your example, you could create an if-then-else column:

• If end date is before Start Date then Start Date
  • Else end date

Then use the value of this if-then-else column as your end date filter.

This wouldn’t stop a user from selecting an end date earlier than the Start Date, but if they do it will automatically be adjusted to that date.

2 Likes

Got it, Darren.
Thanks to you.

Of course, I thought about displaying a warning message to user using this trick but I think it would be more comfortable for app builders to have also the opportunity to choose a custom date instead of ‘today’ directly in the range option of the date picker and actually force the user to select an end date after the start date. Because I can’t display a warning because the data row is not created yet when it is in an add form (or tell me how if I can).

You can do that with a custom form.