I wrote a post previously but it didnt even make sense to me when I read it back (so I deleted it). Heres my second effort at explaining what I’m trying to do:
- I have a list of games which I show in a tab
- Users can scroll through the games and review etc
- I created a switch on the game details to add a game to a plan (this is a user specific boolean) - it acts similar to a favourite/like I guess
- I also have a “Plan” tab which shows a checkbox inline list of the games the user added to their plan (using a filter by my new boolean switch above)
- This all works great and I’m happy with it
- What I’d like to do next is have a button on the Plan tab beneath my list of games which would create a plan record (and link to the associated games) for this user specific list.
- So, when they click the “Make this a plan” button, I’d somehow take the list of user-specific filtered games and associate them to a new publicly accessible plan record
- The plan would have a unique reference and anyone with that reference could then view my plan (through another option on the app where they would key in the unique plan reference)
I think this is a better effort at explaining the issue than my last one. I guess ultimately the problem is having a user specific list that I want the user to have the option to flip and show to anyone. I think the best way to achieve that is to create an entry on a plan sheet and link the plan ref to the games the user selected. Then everyone can see the list of plans.
Many thanks in advance. Very much appreciated.