Creating a multi-step form using a button and a show new screen option

how do it make these Email, phone number, name required*. I want customers to fill these details before they go to the next step.

currently the button has a action to show new screen. at the moment the button clicks without any constraints(eg it will still allow you to click next even if you don’t fill in the details.)

Assuming that the values are being written to User Specific Columns…

• Create an if-then-else column:
    – If Name is empty, then null (leave empty)
    – If Phone is empty, then null
    – If Email is empty, then null
    – Else true
  • Then add a condition to the action on your button that only allows it when the if-then-else column is checked.

Side note: Are your users already signed in when they complete this form? If yes, then you don’t need to ask for their email address as you will already have it (unless you have email anonymisation enabled).

I have removed sign in and due to that the users are not able to enter details and even when they do it does not appear on glide tables.

Then it seems like you’re building it on an empty row. Is the screen actually tied to any rows?

You should have a one-row table, filled with user-specific columns to collect information, if the user does not sign in.

I am not quite sure. The glide table columns are all user-specific columns. but i am not able to receive any information into the table.

foreveryoung.glide.page

Please add some screen shots that show how your input components are configured, and the table in the Glide Data Editor.

1 Like