Create a new row and use its data to open a new page

Hey guys!

I need to find a way to create a new row for some table, and then use its data to open a new slide in screen. Is this possible?

The particular use case is that we’re integrating a payment method into our app, through Zapier, and I need to create a new “Payment” item and send the Row ID of the newly created payment intent to Zap using the Trigger Zap action.

This might help. The Row ID is ultimately the last path name in a deeplink.

Thanks for the response!

This doesn’t really solve the issue, because what I need to do is to automatically open the details page of an item that the user has just created. In your example, it would be as if a customer hit a “Create Thing” button, he/she fills the details, and then it automatically opens a page with the details of the newly created Thing

Do you know how we can do that? I figured I could maybe just use a form and set the after submit action to open the detail page to that item. If that’s the only way, do you know if it’s possible to edit the form Submit button in some way, so we can include our own CTA?

If you’re creating the new row using a Form Screen, you can use an On Submit action to Show Detail Screen → This Item

That’s really my last hope. If I have a button that has an Add Row action to create a new item in another table, is there any way to automatically open a page with the details of that newly created row, once the “Add Row” button is clicked? It’d be pretty much as if a custom action triggered an add row, and afterwards something that opens a page with the details of that row

I’m not entirely sure, but it might work:

• Set column to set a unique ID in a column of the screen you’re building the form in (you can do this on entry to that screen).

• Wait for condition > Make sure the unique ID column is not empty.

• Add row > Add the unique ID column to a row in the destination table.

• Create a relation on the source table (same as the 1st step), create a relation from the unique ID column in there to the unique ID column in the destination table.

• Wait for condition again, make sure the relation is not empty.

• Show details screen of the relation.

2 Likes