Create a live connection between Glide Tables data and an Excel doc

Hi,

I am using glide tables as the data source for one of my apps. My client would like to see this data in a live excel spreadsheet he can refresh.

Power Query in Excel has the ability to connect live to other data sources, such as google sheets and airtable. Can we create a connection in the same manner to the Glide tables data? Related to this can we create a live connection between glide tables source data and any other software?

If so, how? If not, why not?

Thanks,
Simon

Hi!
If you want to connect an Excel file to Glide, just put the file in OneDrive and you can connect to it directly from the Glide app in the same way as you would to Google sheet or Air Table. And you will have Glide native table and Excel in one app.

1 Like

Hi

Firstly my client doesnt use OneDrive.

Secondly, is what you propose it to duplicate the app?

Thanks,
Simon

Have you read this one about Glide data sources?
Introduction to Data Sources | Glide Docs (glideapps.com)
And especially this Microsoft Excel | Glide Docs (glideapps.com)

Yes, thank you - but you dont understand my question.

I do not want to use excel as the base for my glide app.

I want to use glide tables database for my app, but then also be able to connect to this and duplicate the data in either excel or power BI.

Thanks,
Simon

There is no way to automatically replicate Glide native table to somewhere.
But you can use trig web hook or call api to update any external DB on each action in your Glide app or use external service which can retrieve all Glide tables data (thru Glide api) and update some another db. It will be so tricky and costly i don’t think this is a good idea.
Also, you can directly ask Glide sales department to assist to replicate Glide tables to Power Bi. May be if your customers have a lot of money then they have a luck. Please tell us if you will success with.