🥇🥈🥉 Convert Number Score to Rankings in Glide!

Robert, I have had a degree of success with rankings based on time but I still seem to have a blind spot around separating the multiple categories.
My sheet is divided into three main components.

1. Time entry to rank ( no issues)
  2. Class is divided into Elite, Competitive & Open.
  3. Sex, Male/ Female
    Creating a rank for the various class and sex categories from one sheet is the goal.
    Please advise.
    Capture|690x165

So there may be an Elite - Male and an Elite - Female and a Competitive - Male, etc. and you want individual rankings within these class/sex combos?

1 Like

If so, create a template column combining the Class column and the Sex column (eg. Elite-Male), and then do a multiple relation to self from/to this template column (as instructed in my previous reply):

2 Likes

Cheers.
Sorry for the late reply, I’m in New Zealand.
I’ll let you know how that pans out.

1 Like

Robert I am having massive success with your recommendations. Unfortunately when I try to tally the points for 3 races into a leader board my results are not displaying correctly in the app.
So to be clear the points are added together correctly in the leader board sheet and showing the correct total, but when displayed in the inline list the Template relation seems to be having an effect on this calculated columns ability to display correctly.

Can you take a screenshot of where it looks correct in the data editor and then a second one that shows both the inline list and the data panel (lower left hand panel > “data”) where it displays incorrectly?

1 Like

Points Total is the column in dispute.

I built the most amazing capability in my app today, thanks to this instruction. Thank you so much, @Robert_Petitto!! :pray: :heart:

My pleasure! Share what you built!

@Robert_Petitto , basically we collect a variety of environmental data from our users and apply that to an analytics methodology. Within the methodology, I needed to calculate what is essentially the ‘percentile’ of a given datapoint to use in other calculations. Your rankings approach worked like a charm!

1 Like

@Robert_Petitto thanks for the vid. I have 5000 rows. It’s organizing them from 1 to 5000. How can I convert this so it ranks based on rank within a category?

I have a “state” column. I’d like to show each row’s rank within its state, rather than overall. For example “1st in California”.

Thanks.

I think I answered that above:

Is this what you mean?

1 Like