Conditional visibility in edit screens

Problem: When using conditional visibility in edit form screens a customer can submit the form even if the form is not fully submitted in “hidden” components within the form.

Ask: Can the “Submit” button be disabled if any required field within the edit form is not populated?

Why: You can break long forms into multiple steps without using the edit functionality.

Other solutions I have looked into: Using helper tables: The problem with helper tables on the legacy plan is that it still uses tons of updates, and I am looking for way to make the editing process more efficient.

Ya… using visibility conditions in an edit screen to hide irrelevant items is double edged sword. On one hand, I purposefully use this feature all the time in order to create “different” edit screens for the same record depending on context. However, in your use case, you’re wanting to create a multistep edit screen with required fields which just isn’t possible. I see you’re trying to use it for an onboarding experience (which would be an ideal use case), but instead, you’ll need to just target the user profile row and allow users to update their fields live.

3 Likes

Yeah, now that I think about building an onboarding experience with the “edit screen” isn’t probably not the best solution considering that I actually need the edit functionality with all fields on other pages.

I tried a similar method with a form screen and a helper table but run into the same issue.

Live editing of fields it is then!

Thanks Robert.