Collection items as choice?

What is the easiest way to use a collection list as a choice option? It seems much harder than it should be from my first few attempts.

Any suggestions welcome.

Backend: On the click of each collection item, write that row’s ID to a column in your user profiles table.

Frontend: Show a “chosen” tag or whatever you need when that row’ ID is the same as the column value in your user profiles row.

Record the user profiles column value as a special value in your native form, or submit it along other things if it’s custom.

The issue im having is I cant select multiple from the collection like I can from the choice option. Also to show that an item has been selected

I have set column value as the item click action but this obviously just replaces the column rather than adds to it when clicking any of. the items.

I really enjoy little challenges like this. As soon as I saw your question, an idea formed in my mind, so I decided to quickly build it out. This is what I came up with :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is awesome! I will give this a shot later today. But I feel this is totally unnecessary , Glide really need to update the choice component for more layouts.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.