Collecting all dates into one table for a calendar

I agree with Darren’s comment: if you are manipulating the same object (dates), are you sure they need to be in separate tables?

If really you need to pull in dates from different tables, I would do it as follows:

Dates3 in the Dates B table

Dates that need to be pulled into Dates A table.

Dates A table with Dates1, Dates2 and Dates3 as arrays

• Dates1Array and Dates2Array columns: see here
  • Dates3Array column: do a lookup of /Dates B /Dates3.
  • Merging the Dates1Array, Dates2Array and Dates3Array columns stays the same.
  • Note: If Dates1, Dates 2 and Dates3 have a, b and c values respectively, then we will need a+b+c rows in our Dates A table to make this work. Uzo mentioned something to the effect of “every time you add a new date in one of the columns, you need to add a row in the table”.

My method handles arrays, I’m comfortable with it. Should you want to handle values instead (Uzo’s method), a few ideas:

1. Either pull in arrays (with a lookup column as I suggested), then turn that array into a list with Single Value and RowIndex columns, then adapt Uzo’s method (joined list, template column).
  2. Or pull in values (not arrays) with Single Value and RowIndex columns. You’ll be able to point the Single Value column to any column in any table.
  3. Or pull in values using a single Relation on RowIndex columns followed by a lookup. This would be my least preferred approach, but it should work fine.
1 Like