Charts with Dates in Glide

I believe this is an ‘unworkaround’ scenario, but thought I’d post in case I’m missing something/ and someone has found a way around this.

Situation:

• Bar Charts in App with Date based values (i.e. LABEL/ X-axis is date)
  • Charts has quantity on Y-Axis

Issue:

• Dates don’t line up on x-axis (e.g. missed dates aren’t shown/ they aren’t displayed as dates/ more just a ‘category’)
  • Each bar is a different color because it treats each date as a different category ( unless it’s the same day)

Need:

• create a true time based chart

Hola @qb15

Have you tried using Quickchart.io?

You can also embed charts from Google sheets…

We embed Google Data Studio charts to bypass the issue. From what I’ve seen better than google sheets. But it’s not ideal.

In GDS, you can define the user/ parameters for the chart - in googlesheets I’m not sure you can.

Awesome - this looks like the hack I was looking for. Thanks!

Hello, I’m having a hard time understanding what I might be doing wrong.

I have (almost) the same chart in two different pages.

Chart 1 = weight monitoring of a group of athletes and Chart 2 = data from one athlete in their profile page.

For Chart 1, the x-axis (date) appears, but for Chart 2, it just doesn’t - whatever I have tried (and yes x-axis is checked on the right)
What can cause this?
The only thing I can see is in one graph, the filter is selected to chose the athlete, where in the second chart, it is not.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Chart 1: (select from filter)

**Chart2: (user data) no x-axis appearing **

Can you show us how your data is constructed for both these charts?

Hi, Chart 1 (with x-axis showing) is from and Excel spreadsheet sync in OneDrive (ISAK Men)

Chart 1:

and then Chart 2 is from the same data source (ISAK Men) but filtered to only the User profile

same settings:

***oops, because I am new, I cannot reply more or update more screenshots… :frowning:

So they are from the same table, just differed by the filter for the signed-in user?

Does it show the correct data time-wise? I mean does it work correctly in the second chart, just without the X-axis labels?

Hi, yes there are from the exact same table.

The graphs are both the exact same in terms of visual, but the x-axis needs to show for graph 2 (when it’s filtered for one athlete on their profile page)

I also just tried adding the same Chart 1 to the Profile page - not filtered to the athlete (showing all data from the ISAK table) and the x-axis is still not showing.
So there seems to be something about graphs on the User page/Profile page vs other pages.
maybe I should report a bug??
thanks for your help

That’s weird.

Per this comment, it seems like the filter does work with David’s test.

I would suggest contacting the support team.

https://glide-help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for your help, will do that!

1 Like