Can we pick the user instagram avatar from instagram username?

Thank you!

1 Like
1 Like

It’s late here so I can’t try it but maybe worth a read

1 Like

It’s not late because I havent achieve this yet. Thanks, gonna take a look!

1 Like

Hi. Happy to help you if I can. But it’s too late here, will try tomorrow.

1 Like

It seems to me that the easiest and most feasible way to do this, is as @ThinhDinh indicated at the beginning.
So, if it were for one of my APPs, I would create an apps script function to be launched frequently with trigger that updates the photo column. If you want to do so, I’ll write it to you, it takes a little while.
Let me know.

1 Like

Just a warning, be careful as you can run into some kind of hourly or daily limit for accessing the API. I can recall reading about it on StackOverflow like a year ago.

1 Like

Instagram Graph API

Calls to the Instagram Graph API are counted against the calling app’s call count. An app’s call count is unique for each app and app user pair, and is the number of calls the app has made in a rolling 24 hour window. It is calculated as follows:

Calls within 24 hours = 4800 * Number of Impressions

The Number of Impressions is the number of times any content from the app user’s Instagram account has entered a person’s screen within the last 24 hours.

Thanks to your warning, the function may try to retrieve the information and if it fails then it will try next time. This is because I believe we cannot know the Number of Impressions.
What do you think @ThinhDinh ?

1 Like

Still seems too risky for my liking considering we don’t know the number of impressions. It can fail anytime.

1 Like

Surely, the idea would be to manage failure as well, trying again at the next trigger. It certainly can cost a lot in terms of time quota limits for scripts, especially if there are a lot of profiles to query.
It all depends on the degree of acceptability of the data in the APP (sometimes the image is there, sometimes not).

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

The people from www.onesimpleapi.com came up with an API that can fetch what @Lucas_Pires was needing.

They are always open to work with you to find a way to make an api that works for your use case.

3 Likes

Thanks @SantiagoPerez! Worked perfectly!! A shout out for Pablius from OneSimpleAPI also! You guys are outta this world! BAM

3 Likes

Does this cache my API request?

1 Like

It does.

Actually, David’s Fetch column caches the response.

2 Likes

Wow :star_struck:

2 Likes

@Lucas_Pires curious how you got this to work using OneSimple API. Could you explain the steps you took?

2 Likes

All the credits for @SantiagoPerez he did everything and I only reproduced

1 Like

All the credit to the people from www.onesimpleapi.com and David. They were the ones who did the hard work.

3 Likes

I signed up for an onesimpleapi account and have an API key, but have zero clue what to do next lol.

I think they haven’t launched the API yet. You can find their Slack on their website.

About how to do it, either, I can share one of my videos in Spanish about how to do it or you can browse for one of Petitto’s videos on how to do it.

2 Likes