Best MI / dashboard solution

Hi there

We’re building out a new ERP and CRM for our dental group based on Glide.

We have two primary sources of data, our clinical records system and Glide.

We warehouse some of our clinical records in Postgre for use in Glide. The remainder of the data is stored in Glide Big Tables.

We are now looking at a dashboard / MI solution to sit on top of the data. Does anyone have experience of this? We have looked at the likes of GeckoBoard connecting directly into the Postgre side, but we would need something fairly complex and involved to plug in the Glide Big Tables data.

Thanks
Aaron

What would your dashboard contain? Is building with native Glide charts/related components an option?

Hi @ThinhDinh

I have been playing with Glide’s charts for simple reports as well as looking at Quickchart.

However, dashboards / MI systems offer a number of decent upgrades:

• Ability to broadcast KPIs / charts without login credentials, e.g. TVs - this is important (a) for ease of access and (b) for allowing non-users access to data
  • Ability to mix and match data, e.g. combine data from different sources
  • Ability to build KPIs / measures combining data sources

There are also a lot of limitations with Glide’s charting etc. and no ability for users to build their own KPIs / queries. If somebody wants to report our data in a specific way, then the very limited engineering resource we would have needs to translate the requirement into a query, try and assemble the data in a way Glide can work with (inevitably with a Helper / Work Table) and then publish - solutions such as Trevor.io allow users to build their own queries relatively simply.

I’m not familiar with either GeckoBoard or Trevor.io, seems like your use case is much more complex than what Glide is capable of at the moment. My most complex charts were built using Github + Experimental Code column, that’s the easiest way for me if I want to combine multiple data sources (though I use it mostly for customizing charts, rather than combining data from multiple tables).

I think you can have a separate completely public app pointing to the same set of data just to display it for this use case.