Baseball ⚾️ (massive) 2-sided "marketplace"

We recently built at https://lowcode.agency this pretty complex solution for a company working in the sports industry.

It’s a 2 sided platform, where players keep track of their sports metrics and training, thus allowing coaches to follow them and possibly recruit them for their colleges.

This allows coaches to see players without traveling, and find the right positions with the right metrics for their teams.

We built 2 apps for this. One for players, and one for coaches.

In the players app, they sign in in a 3 step process. If they want to, they can add their metrics right away, or do that later.

Their metrics are the most important part, since coaches are looking for these.

After logging in, players start keeping track of their trainings. Everything is categorized and subcategorized, and players are rewarded for using the app and keeping an updated log of their activities.

On each log, players can update their metrics. If they do, we keep track on the back end of these, in order to show their best metrics to the coaches.

Players also have a dashboard, where they see 3 things:

1. A leaderboard, where we keep track of the players who are most active adding their workouts and where we keep track of players uploading the largest amount of videos (this is what coaches want!).

2. A skills report, whey they can compare themselves to:

3. Other players who are graduating on the same year

4. Other players that play in their same primary position(s).

5. Other players that play in their same secondary position(s).

6. A college report, where they can see how many coaches have seen their profiles, and in how many coaches watchlists they appear.

Players also have a community, where they can follow each other and see each other’s log, add comments, etc:

In their own profile, players can see, add and edit their best metrics, their activities and their game stats.

For their game stats, they mention the college/school they play at, and their stats playing for said team.

Now, on the other hand, we have the coaches app.

Coaches sign in and choose their college and position.

FirstLook - Coaches · Glide 2021-04-14 at 10.24.37 AM

Their profile has to be reviewed by the admin, before they can use the app:

FirstLook - Coaches · Glide 2021-04-14 at 10.25.29 AM

As soon as they have been approved by the admin, coaches can start creating their recruitment profiles:

FirstLook - Coaches · Glide 2021-04-14 at 10.27.46 AM

On the recruitment profiles, they chose position and grad year, as well as the minimum metrics they need for that position:

Screen Recording 2021-04-14 at 10.29.04 AM

And the output is a matching list of players that have those metrics!

FirstLook - Coaches.pdf (page 6 of 19) 2021-04-14 at 10.32.45 AM

Those matching players are added to the Watchlist tab for coaches, where they can start keeping track of the players feed/workout log

FirstLook - Coaches.pdf (page 7 of 19) 2021-04-14 at 10.33.46 AM

They can start then following specific players they’re interested in, and see their best metrics:

FirstLook - Coaches · Glide 2021-04-14 at 10.34.39 AM

I mean, just look at the data… it’s a CRAZY app. I hope @Jason doesn’t say anything about this HUUUUGE complexity in the logic of the app!

Screen Recording 2021-04-14 at 10.38.05 AM

Anyway, hope you enjoy this. Definitely taking Glide to the max with these crazy apps.

If you want an app, get in touch with us!! Low Code Agency - your app faster and cheaper with no/low code

17 Likes

This was definitely one of the craziest apps we have built since the start. Glad to get it done.

7 Likes

Great APP!

In my city I think, there are 3-4 baseball academies but your APP can point to other sports without problems.

I will write you via DM @eltintero

Feliz día!

1 Like

Very nice!!

1 Like

You are a part of the Low Code Agency?

1 Like

Thinh is the MVP of LowCode Agency!

2 Likes

Gotcha…

Do you guys use Adalo at all?

NOPE. So far we’ve only used Glide to build 198 Glide apps, and we work on automation with n8n, integromat, etc.

1 Like

I am surprised. I use Adalo, Glide, and Bubble.io, Glide is the quicker turn around for me but has the least customization out of all of them.Adalo…I love.

I haven’t used ADalo in a year. We’re def start using other tools soon, but our main focus is still in glide apps

I would like to congratulate you guys on so many apps created in this environment. That’s definitely an accomplishment. I don’t know if I will ever build an app in Glide again. I add to the apps I currently have but Adalo has just been an everything answer. Inline lists can each have their own buttons inside of buttons, lists in lists, etc. it’s just amazing. Once I got going on it I realized that I don’t have to write scripts anymore for Glide and this does what I want everytime and the pricing is just way more friendly.

Wow ! Really? Do you have any demo apps in Adalo I can take a look?

I made that kiosk in Glide right?

Heres the kiosk in Adalo.

just sign up and go to the search for name and just start typing a name. It instantly searches through over 200k people and its a live search, it can search name, address, your cars vin, email, etc. and it took me less time to build.

And i get to pick the screen size for every screen, not ot mention where each screen navigates to. Here’s a pictured of the navigation:

There’s a desktop side to it for the employees and their screens are full 1080p with no compromise, heres the full map of the app:

It’s $50 a month for unlimited apps as well.

1 Like

You can duplicate any screen and do anything you want to it, make any button link or do anything you want, they can link somewhere, save data, post a message, notify someone, send email, clear old data, all in one easy to build step.

The best thing about it is you create your own databases that you determine how they relate to one another. And since the database isnt in a google sheet you can edit and delete just by telling it to.

1 Like

if you don’t mind me asking, how is this app doing? I’ve was part of a very similar project in the past but due to covid we decided to pause.
it would be great to learn about your customer feedback.
this is a massive thing in sports scouting. If done correctly can help many players get scouted in a way more fair way.