Background Image for entire page - workaround

Is there a creative way to customize the background of a page with an image? I know that you can use a BG image in a custom container, but sometimes I have multiple custom containers on a page, and I’d like the entire BG to be something other than dark/light/accent.
CSS for this?

.backg  {
position: sticky !important;
top:0px;
width:100%;
height: 100vh;
margin-top:-90%;
background-image: url('https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkyq5M9l9X5QDHKbR1Pv78y0NTOydF-M9PWg&s');
background-size: cover;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-position: center;
}
2 Likes

Thank you, i’ll give it a try!

1 Like

where exactly do i put this css tho? I put it in the Appearance area, and nothing happened. :confused:

here is the explanation from the source of that code. @Himaladin

3 Likes

You have to add a component to the screen and name its CSS class “backg”.

Then make sure you turn this on.

Make sure you use an image with enough quality for both mobile & desktop devices.

3 Likes

I really appreciate your help. It mostly worked, but the BG is now pushing the elements down when viewed in a mobile. Is this fixable?

This has been discussed in the thread provided by @Sekayi_Liburd, if you scroll to the end of the thread. Just change your margin-top to -100vh

4 Likes

You guys are the best. THANK YOU!!!
It’s looking amazing now.

5 Likes

it looks great!

2 Likes

I think the margin-top size should be reduced by the height of the top bar by about 14px, so it becomes: margin-top:calc(-100vh + 14px);. Please adjust it yourself.

2 Likes