Automatic scrolling images in an inline list

@Darren_Murphy to be honest it is not perfect as you can just about see the edge of the next image in the list…so I will have another go at your original suggestion :rofl:

Thanks for the effort with the loom video :grinning: The issue that I have is that on the tab I am using it has components that are drawing from different sheets in the source and I can’t work out how to configure the image component to be added so that it reads from the correct sheet where I set up the array column…does that make any sense? Thanks again

Okay, so it sounds like you’ve added all these columns in the table that contains your images, and this is not the table that’s the source for your screen, yes?

Couple of ways you can deal with this:

• first way is to create a single value column in the table that’s the source of your screen, and use that to fetch the first value from the image slice column in your image table
  • alternatively, you could move all columns to the table that’s the source of your screen. The only change will be with the lookup column, where you’ll need to target the image column in your image table
1 Like

Hi @Darren_Murphy you are a legend! I went for the single value method and it is brilliant! Thanks Simon

3 Likes

Excellent :+1:
Happy to help

I think that I spoke too soon! I needed the images to link to a url, that worked in the inline list but hasn’t carried forward to this set up? (I prefer how this looks 100% though) any ideas on how to click on the images and open up a link in the browser?

Are you working with an App, or a Pages project?

its an app @Darren_Murphy

Okay, just give me a minute to test something.

Do you want the image to link to the URL of the image, or some other URL?

If the latter, can you give me a screen shot of the table/s that contain your images and URL’s - I assume they are in the same table?

Or is it just a fixed URL - and the same URL for every image? If that’s the case, you can just use an Open Link Action on the Image component and paste the URL.

I would like them to link to other URL and different ones for each image…I am not sure if this helps but -

Advert = the image and the columns that you cant see are the ones that you guided me in creating

They are in a different table to the one that is used in the tab, I linked to them using the single value method in a column in the top table (The Big Chats Sets 1 & 2)

Here you go:

1 Like

Hi @Darren_Murphy I haven’t got this to work yet, will it be making a difference that my images/adverts are all URL links to my Google drive? Which sheet should I be setting these new columns/relationships up in? In the sheet for the tab or the sheet with the ‘images/url’s’?

Ultimately, you need the URL in the table that’s the source of the screen you’re adding the image to.

So those extra two columns I showed in that last video should be added to that table.
Use the single value column - the one you already had - to form the relation back to your images table.
And then add the lookup column to fetch the URL thats associated with the image.

Thanks for this @Darren_Murphy. This has helped me too…:blush::hugs:

1 Like

Amazing! Somehow I managed to get it to work!!! I had to first put the Image URL’s in the source of the screen and then your explanation and method worked perfectly! Thanks so much @Darren_Murphy

1 Like

Hello, how are you, I already achieved this, it’s great, every day I learn new things from you @Darren_Murphy I have a question, how can I change the duration so that it is not every 10 seconds but every 5 seconds or every 20 seconds?

Glide naturally recomputes time every 10 seconds. There isn’t any way to increase or decrease that amount of time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.