Associate multiple rows from one table to another using checklist?

Awesome! Thank you! Will try this out

NICE! Will try this out too. Thanks!

Got it to work! Thanks for your help!

Demo for adding items:

I was also able to find out a way to delete the items from the bucket, however it’s very inefficient. I have a “Remove items” button that links to the ItemsToBuckets sheet, then you select an item from the bucket and delete that item. So it adds a bunch of steps just to delete the item. Do you have a more efficient method?

Demo for removing an item:

No I found only the solution that you found. Going over the edit screen to the delete button. Perhaps the experts here have a better solution.

1 Like

After looking at your Sheet, it looks like you have dedicated columns per Category to track the Checkbox state. What if you want to support a changing category list? Eg. the user wants to add or delete categories? I guess the checkbox solution can only work if you have fixed categories?

Categories number is fixed, but you can make as many empty categories as you want. List only shows named categories. If a user wants to add a new category s/he could be taken to a tab to name an empty one. The drawback is the time consuming when creating the empty categories and the messy tab with several Inline lists

You can add a true/false column in the relation sheet to mark the deleted ones and in the add form include a list with items previously deleted demo app

ah yes-- for my use case, I want to support a dynamic amount of categories and items so I can’t have fixed columns. But yes, if I have a use case with fixed categories, the checkboxes is a sweet solution :ok_hand:

can i have a english version ? im not understand this :sweat_smile: :rofl:

It’s just “category” and “item”

The solution you are looking for is exactly what I’m looking for in Inline List > Set columns > Values from "Screen"

Instead of choosing from a drop down choice AND hitting submit, we need the “add row” action to use information from “screen” so that while you are in your category, you can simply click a payment method from your inline list to add it to the list of methods.

You can translate any app in chrome to any other language. I do this all the time when viewing other people’s apps.

1 Like

my demo links are in english Associate multiple rows from one table to another using checklist? - #12 by ray_d

did you mind to share me the app ?

Here is how to check several boxes and add to buckets of choice (bucket 1, 2, & 3)…Just a demo…but you can build on it.

I worked on the CRM template in the store

Thank you

Anyone can make a copy…it is in English

1 Like

Did you use checkboxes for this? I’m creating a tutoring app, and I want a form where my tutors can just check all the subjects they’re proficient in. I’m pretty sure I would use checkboxes, but I can’t find any tutorials on using them. Do you know of any? If not, would I just create a new form, with all the subjects for them to check? Would it have to be a new form/sheet, or could I somehow add it to the existing one? I really don’t know anything because I can’t find a tutorial that focuses just on Glide checkboxes.

While the number of teachers and subjects are fixed you only need two tabs:
One for teachers (Here it is named “Categorías”)

and another for subjects (named “items” in my example). The drawback is that the second tab must have twice as many columns as the number of teachers : one column is used to check and the other has the id to make the relation

Glide joins all the name columns and you only see one of them © which is the one used in the relation

Thank you.

can you share the copy of this app please, i need this @ray_d