App Team Member Change Log Feature

Hi everyone, does Glide have a change log feature where every activity of each team member such as [editing, deleting, adding, and updating ] content in the app is logged and can be viewed when needed?

I am designing an app for car dealership employees and I want to be able to see a log of activities on the app for every employee. If one of them screws up we will know exactly who did it.

Thanks in advance.

Not natively, but you can add a Logs table and write a row to that table everytime something happens data-wise. If they have access to your team and can edit the layout, then those layout changes can’t be tracked.

Please note that if you have multiple tables to track data-wise, then it’s kind of hard to know exactly what piece of info the user changed when it’s an edit. A long con is writing every field of the related table to the Logs table, but it gets hard to track everything if you have a large one.

I created a video last year that demonstrates one way to do this.

If I was to do the same thing now, I’d probably use the JSON method. But the method shown in the video is not too bad, I think. And fairly simple to implement.

1 Like

Thanks Daren. I will check out your video. Do you also have a tutorial on creating cards for the app’s homepage? I want the landing page to show about 4 cards and each card pointing to the content of each tab. I tried and couldn’t get it done. If I could get some step-by-step instructions. That will be helpful.

Thanks for your help Thinh. Do you also have a tutorial on creating cards for the app’s homepage? I want the landing page to show about 4 cards and each card pointing to the content of each tab. I tried and couldn’t get it done. If I could get some step-by-step instructions. That will be helpful.

1 Like

Are you working with Glide Apps or Glide Pages?

I am using Glide Apps.

Okay, so there are two way you can do it with Apps.

The first is to use an Inline List in a Tiles Layout, and then configure the list action to use Independent Screen Configuration. This will give you a separate details screen for each list item, and you can configure each as you wish.

The second way is to use a custom action on the list, with a separate conditional branch for each list item. For this use case, I find it useful to number my list items from 1 to n, and then the action will be something like:

• If index equals 1
    – Do something
    – Go To Tab A
  • If index equals 2
    – Do something else
    – Go To Tab B
  • etc…
1 Like

Ok Darren so I followed the directions you gave me and was able to configure the list action to use ‘‘independent screen configuration’’. Now I am kinda stuck. How do I link the card to the right tab?

Please see screen shots.

If you don’t want to configure each detail screen to your liking, and instead want to directly link to a tab, then I suggest following @Darren_Murphy’s alternative solution to create a custom action that will send you to each tab instead of opening the details screen for each of your home icons.

1 Like

Thanks for your timely response, Jeff. I will try this out.

1 Like

(I tried to get the bot to respond with more details directly in this thread, but it wasn’t working, so hopefully this response from when I asked the bot in the glide docs will help.)

To create a Custom Action, navigate to the Features tab of a Component or List Layout, and under the Action dropdown, click ‘Create new action…’. This will open the Action Editor. You can then add sequences of different Actions, set conditions, and re-order Actions. To learn more, please refer to our guide on Custom Actions. Glide • Introduction to Actions

2 Likes

Thank you Jeff. That was helpful. Do you know if Glide App has affiliate program?

@Ian can you chime in here? I haven’t followed the partner program very closely, so I’m not sure what’s offered at this time.

Yes indeed!

We have an affiliate program and a partner (Experts) program.

@NoCodeAndy is the main point of contact for those.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag!

@Emmanuel_Kesse: Send me a DM if you have any questions about our referral programs. We’re in the middle of giving them a small overhaul. We’ll have more to share on that soon.

1 Like