Allowing users to change their email address

Until I can get this figured out…going to use a whitelist table. It works reliably. Only issue is that it doubles the amount of user rows :disappointed:

What I’m currently doing in one of my tables is replacing the email with a version that has the word ‘Archive’ attached to the front of the email. This email column is a row owner column, and the goal is to effectively break Row Owners. Then I have a backend script that will eventually move that row to an unused table and remove it from the original table. So, I can confidently say that Row Owners shouldn’t be a factor when changing and email address.

I’m guessing in your case it’s the fact that email is part of the user profile configuration, and like roles, it automatically reverts. When I played around with this stuff back in the day, I think I was manually changing the email in the table and that’s when I got booted. I don’t believe I’ve ever tried replacing an email used in the user profile configuration via the app.

I guess you could maybe have a separate admin app where the user table is not the user profile. Then it would work and function like a regular table and you should be able to charge the email.

I’ll try to poke around today and see if I can figure something out. Maybe it’s just that Glide doesn’t allow either Roles or Emails to be changed via the app since they are both crucial from a security standpoint. Maybe it’s some kind of underlying protection from people who might be able to hack there way to bypass the front end interface to change underlying values. :man_shrugging:

Interesting. This is probably the issue.