Admin sees all records

Hi Guys,

I just joined and it’s been a journey already to learn the system.
From the videos i can get quite a bit of the functionality to work in apps.

I would like to know how do I set Admin roles or my staff to see all records created by users related to companies that use the software.

Admin = backend
Users = frontend

Sounds like the same problem as I was tackling last week. I also couldn’t find this in the tutorials.

@Darren_Murphy came to my rescue (he does that a lot). Here’s the thread Help planning out access & authorisation - #4 by sumgii

It sounds confusing, but works well.

1 Like

Sounds cool. Going to try this out now.
I figured out the Company (customer) and adding the company ID into the user part to accosiate the user with its company part, and I then wrote the Company ID from the user table into the orders that they placed on the front end so that the users can see only the orders for their companies.

Let me try the suggestion for admins to then see all records.

I will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

So I get this to work when I manually add these values.
Whn i do try to do this dynamic via an action it keeps adding the user email address instead of the Company ID

Have you done this dynamically ?

Can you show how your action is configured, and the column that is being written to?

Hey Darren,
Thanks for assisting
See below all the relevant pages.

Okay. I think your problem there is that you are trying to set those values using an onSubmit action with a form. What you should do instead is pass the values as column values with the form itself. Review the below docs.

Yeah, if you create a row and immediately are not the owner of that row (On Submit happens AFTER the row is created), then I think Glide will automatically insert the signed in user’s email into any row owner columns so the row doesn’t become orphaned with no row owner.

2 Likes

Thank you Darren.
I will keep you posted on any progress.

Appreciate your input.

Hey Jeff

So instead of pushing info after the record is created I should pull the info as the record is opened, or rather when the user hits the add new order button?

I can see how this is different

No, you should set the owner values when the form is submitted - but not using an onSubmit action.
Check the document that I linked you to - it explains how to do that.

2 Likes

Okay guys I got this to work just fine.

Thanks for all your help to get over this hurdle.

1 Like